The Anatomy of an Amazing Birthday
1. Waking up to balloons, flowers and a husband-made birthday banner.
2. Going to a favorite restaurant in San Marino for a breakfast of (get ready) sourdough toast, candied bacon, fresh berries and a good latte.
3. Shopping at a favorite boutique in South Pasadena for a birthday present. The people there know us, so this time we were able to just walk in and hand Amelia to a lady that works there while we browsed. Jeff bought me a beautiful leather bag-- I have been desperately needing a new purse, but couldn't find the right one until now-- hurray!
4. Birthday wishes all day by phone, e-mail or in-person visits.
5. Having some dear friends over for dinner, eating fancy (but pre-made!) food, drinking wine, talking and laying on the grass looking up at the sky until it actually got too cold to stay outside.
What a wonderful day! Thank you to everyone who contributed!
Here's a picture of my happy self with my #1 birthday present.