Saturday, August 25, 2007


More points for Portland!

Last night, our new hometown scored some big points, by way of The Academy Theatre. OK, not only are the tickets three bucks apiece, not only can you buy pizza and beer to eat as you watch, but they BABYSIT your kids while you see a movie! I think I'm in love. Jeff and I went to the movies about twice a year BEFORE Amelia was born, because we just couldn't justify spending $9 each-- actually $9.75 now at AMC! Then after A was born, we couldn't fathom getting a babysitter so we could go to the movies when we could just watch one at home after she was in bed. But last night, for the price of two AMC tickets, we got to see a movie, get Amelia babysat for two hours AND enjoy a couple of local microbrews. Ingenious. Amazing. Wonderful.

9 comments:

ShackelMom said...

What a great idea!I looked at their website... I wish more theatres were set up like this! Glad you got a night out!

Nathan said...

I'm envious!

know of any art teaching jobs?!

-carol

Unknown said...

Carol, are you really open to being recruited to move to Portland? I'll get right to work!

Nathan said...

sure- sign us up! :) seriously, I am ready for a change!

Gretchen said...

Ahhhh, I'm jonesing for a good movie night out that doesn't involve paying a babysitter and lots of planning....
I'm glad you found this place!

Nathan said...

We have an old theatre (the arcada) in St. Charles that does the View-n-brew thing, but the babysitting, that is genius!
- Nathan (along with Carol above)

Nathan said...

hey- don't get in the middle of this!! I don't want to go to St. Charles... :)

-carol

Anonymous said...

Fun and wonderful! How do they stay open? What a brilliant idea! And what about Carol and Nathan moving to Portland... Hmmm... that would be very nice.

Heidi said...

Wow. We went to see the Bourne Ultimatum during a birthday party down the street. We were giddy with excitment at getting a movie date. Movie with babysitting is absolutely genius. They'll get so much business.