Friday, August 22, 2008

Jonah Song-- You didn't know there was one, did you?

Amelia loves music and singing, and expects me a to have a song ready to sing her for any given topic. Jeff was telling her that we needed to get her a kid Bible, and mentioned some names of Bible stories to her. She kept asking me for a song about Jonah and the whale, so I came up with something on the spot that has turned out to be a favorite. Although I'm not really into cautionary tales.

Her other favorite song is the one in Mary Poppins where Jane and Michael come up with an ad for a nanny-- she can sing several complete lines from that. You'll have to ask her for that one yourself.

6 comments:

ShackelMom said...

That is SO cute! Great job making up songs!

doro said...

That was too cute! And I learned something new...Jonah sat in the whale's hole :-)! She is just too precious, and here's to you for making up Sunday School songs1

Robin said...

I love it! She is just so smart and cute! :-) I'm glad she's able to perform normally even with the camera going! We benefit. Great song...

Gretchen said...

Anders and I have been having fun singing the "Jonah" song now! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date with cute pictures! Love Grandma

Leslie said...

Oh, my gosh, that song is brilliant. And A's singing was wonderful! So cute! I, too, loved the "whale's hole". ha ha!