Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Oh, the things she says...

Amelia has been cracking me a up a lot lately. Although her non-stop use of the word WHY can be a little crazy-making at times, I have learned to turn the question back to her to find out her explanations of how things work and why.
A: What are you doing?
Me: I'm cleaning.
A: WHY?
Me: Why am I cleaning?
A: Because you like a [high voice] teeny tidy house.
It's true. I do like a teeny tidy house.

We pray with Amelia at dinner, before her nap and at bedtime. It's fun to hear her compose her own prayers now and then, and this was yesterday's naptime creation: "Dear Lord... The Protector, (!?) It was lovely seeing all of my friends at preschool today. Amen."

She has also started composing songs and stories... I need to be sure to write those down.

4 comments:

Luke said...

I love that, Lord.. The Protector. (c: It's true! Thanks for sharing these moments Ariana!

Grandma Seelye said...

Bless her heart! Thanks for sharing her new sentences Love you

Anonymous said...

Definitely write them down. And record audio if possible. That's adorable. Amelia has the uber-cuteness.

Robin said...

Oh, how precious. I love reading about her!