Monday, October 18, 2010

Well, the lull is over.

I had all of these blogging ideas and plans, but I am just BUSY.  I can't say I'm thrilled about it, either.  I am in that adjustment period between a few weeks of relaxing and catching my breath after a whirlwind, and learning to keep a tight pace of juggling multiple workloads.  I started school, and it has been very stimulating but also demanding.  I am so out of practice.  I turned in two papers this weekend, and it took me forever.  It's usually my goal to be done with all of my coursework by Wednesday or Thursday, but then there is all of this other LIFE stuff that gets in the way of my career as a student.  Like ballet classes, after-school picnics, social events, violent reactions to a new fish oil supplement, sick kid, dinner, almost-daily shopping, and oh! The Cleaning.  It's strange-- my life pace is decidedly slow, but my workload is actually quite heavy.  Our apartment is huge, which means there is lots of cleaning to do.  This wasn't really an issue until I started making friends and inviting people over.  If I could have just put that part off...  But no, I just had to be so congenial.  Just kidding!  I have been pleasantly surprised that a number of people have initiated friendships with me!  Amelia has already gone over to another little girl's house to play, and we have been going to gymnastics once a week.  I have a language partner, and we have been getting together for a couple  of hours each week.  It's been really fun getting to know her, we both have one daughter and are hoping they can learn to entertain each other.  Jeff's work has been very stressful.  Politics.  He was going to be gone again all week for some trainings, and I was so relieved when the plans changed at the last minute.  Phew!  I hope to put some fun stuff and pictures soon, but if that doesn't happen right away, you'll know why...

3 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Whew! Your plate is really loaded now~ I guess it is going to feel really good when you finish those classes!

Grandma Seelye said...

Sounds like both you and Jeff are feeling rather squeezed. Remember-No one said you have to get all "A" s.Praying for you both.Love you.

Robin said...

Life has a way of filling up! Sounds like all good stuff that you're into... and I hope Jeff's stress level drops soon. I'll send that lemon cake recipe soon... but no hurry on it!!