Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Back" in Business!


I could just leave it at that, but there is a little more to tell. I have set my table up after several months of maternity leave. It feels great to use my skills to help people move better again, and to get a break from my regular job description. Plus, the extra money isn't too bad! If you are local and know someone who could use some bodywork, then please spread the word that I'm back!
Something interesting has come up in the past week or so. My accupuncturist has asked me to work in her clinic. Not only doing massage, but helping teach Tai Chi. The hard part is that I don't want to HAVE to work. I love to work, but have somehow graduated from being tied to employment, and that has been a long and painful process that I don't want to have to repeat. I am willing to work for her an evening and a Saturday morning each week, but she is offering several types of business opportunities through her clinic. I think it will be tricky for me to figure out how to just extract from the situation the parts that will help me most and say no to all of the other seemingly wonderful opportunities being offered. If you didn't know already, I am NOT very good at doing that!
As genuinely thankful I am that I am able to stay home with Amelia full-time, it feels incredibly good to me to switch gears now and then. If you think of it, please pray for wisdom and discipline on my part as I test these waters.

1 comment:

ShackelMom said...

The question is well laid out, and we will ask the Lord to give you wisdom!