Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Best Room in the House!
I have really enjoyed making a fun space for Amelia. It is nice to have an excuse to do it all over again, and this time it is much less "baby" and I surprised my self with a kind of glamorous theme.



She loves her room, and is so busy exploring it all the time. She is obsessed with lights (ites!) right now, so I couldn't resist the chandelier. Even when the light is out, she still just stares and stares at it. My favorite feature in her room is the window, which comes down really low. She can stand up and look out the window-- we also have a couple of very cheeky squirrels that will come right up to the window and stand inches away from her as she yells and flails her arms at them (in the friendliest way, of course!)



These mini chandeliers (also "ites") have been a big hit and help keep her on her back for diaper changes. She also got these cute prints for her birthday.


The back part of her room (it kind of wraps around) is still unfinished, but I want to put in a little table and chair, and I am also working on a little reading corner for her with a rug and pillows and bookshelf.

7 comments:

Luke said...

wow ariana, you arrange so well! I looked back at the kitchen pictures and I love how the spice shelves look. (c: Very cute. I'm sure Amelia will enjoy her early years in her room. The chandelier (ites!) are great!

amandahamilton said...

gorgeous. i knew this is what would come of you having your own space to invest in!

doro said...

that is glamorous! what a lucky kid!

Gretchen said...

What a sweet space you've created. I'm sure she will enjoy it for a few years to come! I love the "ites". =)

ShackelMom said...

Looks great! Low windows are so nice for kids to look out of! I love the color, and the chadelier is a great touch!

Anonymous said...

I love how this room turned ! The color is unique and just right. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

The room is gorgeous. I love the two tones of pink that you chose and the chandelier is so beautiful. Somehow you managed to make it look classy without being too fancy. I love it!