Monday, December 17, 2007

Woolapalooza!

Ever since making these for Amelia, I have been fascinated by all of the options I have for using recycled wool from thrift stores, and have been doing a lot of little experiments as Christmas presents in the last couple of days.

I made Amelia a little set of hat, scarf and mittens. She had just woken up from a nap when I tried them on her, so the pictures are pretty funny and hopefully don't reflect her final opinion.


Oh, and I went ahead and patched a hole while I was at it!

I made a little hat and mitt set for a newborn, and I am trying to sell it on CL just to test the waters for future potential.

My favorite so far is this little doggy doll.

I am having so much fun making these things that I have found myself fantasizing about selling them and making some honest-to-goodness money! If not, I will enjoy giving them to the many little ones around me!

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

I love the patch it is sooo cute! I wouldn't be surprised if you raked in a little cash from your creativity!

Luke said...

i'm also a fan of that kute cnee patch. (c: heehee. looking forward to seeing you on thursday!!

ShackelMom said...

What a lot of creative fun, I can tell the juices are running! All so cute, I bet they'd sell!

Heidi said...

I love that little red dog. It has so much character. And of course Amelia's cheeks look as tasty as cookies. So adorable.

Melissavina said...

How did I know this was going to happen?? I would totally buy that newborn set. Totally.

Now I just need to find a newborn.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ariana,
I've just had fun catching up on all your blogs. How great to see the transition from your shrunken sweater to these darling baby things! And, sorry about your less than wonderful anniversary! What a day! I enjoyed seeing pictures of your Christmaas on Joy's blog. Everyone looked so lovely!