Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Real Housekeeping

--Kitchen Floors--
Step 1. Thoroughly sweep tiled kitchen floor. Twice.
Step 2. Spray floor with light layer of cleaning spray.
Step 3. Apparently inflict cruel and unusual punishment on your four year old by asking her to "go around, not through" the kitchen for the next half hour.
Step 4. Fill bucket with hot water, and mop the floor. Realize that you used way too much soap and that you will have to rinse again and again.
Step 5. Rinse again and again.
Step 6. Walk out of the room backwards, erasing your steps with the mop, and wait....
Step 7. Tip toe back in on damp floors to make lunch for your "Super, SUPER huuuuungryyy" little girl.
Step 8. Underestimate your own strength while opening a bag of rice, sending it flying all over the kitchen floor.
Step 9. Turn around to see a child standing in the doorway with eyebrows raised, looking totally unimpressed...
Step 10. Briefly consider getting cranky. Laugh instead. Sweep, then make that kid some lunch!

4 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Ack! Soo, funny! At last you know the rice is still clean!

We do the double sweep and use a mild bleach or pinesol solution on a not very wet mop, so it dries fast...

Grandma Seelye said...

Thanks for keeping us up on things! I do one or two "wet mops" in between linoleum cleaner. Best part was "Laugh instead".Love you.

Elie said...

Ha! I hire a lovely lady to clean my kitchen floors and all is well.
Love your attitude.

Aunt Robin said...

Hi Ariana,
My old computer breathed it's last while I was reading your first Germany post so I've been really looking forward to getting a new one and getting it set up so I could read the rest of your blogs. I was finally rewarded this morning! Hooray. I really appreciate your realistic and well written reports! Thanks so much, and I hope all is going well and that you have found a little more furniture by now, etc. Love your attitude! I'll bet your language acquisition is going along really fast!! Love...