Saturday, June 09, 2007

Starting a Tradition...

I've been thinking hard about Amelia's first birthday. It's such a big event, celebrating the year she's been with us, but it seems kind of sad to me that she won't remember it at all. Gifts are one of my biggest "love languages" so I've been trying to decide what to give her, wanting it to be special and something she will be able to remember. I finally came up with the idea of getting her something valuable (but not necessarily too expensive) that she can keep and have for years and years-- some original artwork! It was actually pretty hard to choose one, since there are so many great, affordable prints out there. This year, Jeff and I ordered a print of the above painting by Cathy Nichols, printed on wood with some hand embellishment and signed on the back. It arrived today, and I am so excited! We can't wait to give it to her and hang it up in her future bedroom.